POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : How well do you know where you live? : Re: How well do you know where you live? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 21:27:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How well do you know where you live?
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 27 Apr 2009 16:42:05
Message: <49f6189d$1@news.povray.org>
Chambers wrote:
> Step 1: Go to maps.google.com
> 2: Zoom out all the way.
> 3: Turn on satellite view and remove labels, so you have just the geography
> 4: Zoom in until you find your house.
>
> It's a surprisingly fun exercise :)

Oh, I've already done this. Several times. I can now get from the view
of the whole Earth to the view of my car [the one I no longer have, BTW]
without any labels at all. Which is impressive, when you consider I'm
120 miles inland with no notable geographic features nearby.

(I must say though, at low magnification Google just shows off the
different colourings of its map chunks rather than the features of the
Earth!)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/